Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dalski
Regular Visitor

How To Collate Tables

Hi guys, can anyone advise the process to generate one big table from a bunch of little tables where rows are in the exact same order as the original tables?

I've spent 3 full days trying to get the attached pbix to work but the Index field is showing that some rows are not being displayed in the correct order and I don't know why?

Take the Query Grab Tbl 1-9 on page Tbls 1-9: it jumps from Index 204 - 238. Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong?

Untitled-3.jpg

I thought it may be because I have some blank rows as in this article but I don't think that's the case. Sometimes it seems this happens when a descriptive column is used and it doesn't have any values (basically the headers in the pdfs). However the vast majority of the time these are being processed correctly. Obviously I desperately need these in the right places.

Grateful of any guidance, and willing to hire someone if they can do it. I can't loose any more time on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

The index column has the wrong datatype.  It's set as decimal number, it should be whole number.  And it should be set as 'do not summarize.'

Make that change on each of the three 'Grab ....' tables

You'll probably need to change the visualisations as well. Set the Index in Values to 'Don't summarize'

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

The index column has the wrong datatype.  It's set as decimal number, it should be whole number.  And it should be set as 'do not summarize.'

Make that change on each of the three 'Grab ....' tables

You'll probably need to change the visualisations as well. Set the Index in Values to 'Don't summarize'

HotChilli, I can't thank you enough. I've spent 3 days on this and you've just fixed it in seconds with your beautiful brain. Thank you so much! Smiley Very Happy

I left the Index column as decimal format because that was the default setting for an index column which seems strange, again thank your brain for me.

Happy to help.

The question was clear (with picture and pbix) and that makes it a lot easier to investigate. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.