Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mohammad_Arif
Regular Visitor

How Can I Share reports with the Business Central Users

Hi Everyone,

I have Power BI Pro License in my orginazation and i have other users they have the same license...

I need to know how can i share power BI reports with users sothat they can see the reports in Business Central (Cloud) not on premises. so what i did, i created a report on power BI desktop using business central datasource and published on bi services on a new workspace named (Business Central) in power BI services  and give access to other power bi pro users now they users can see the reports in their BI services but these users can not see these reports inside business central. can anyone tell me how can i share reports, can anyone tell me, documentations don't help...

Regards,

Mohammad Arif

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mohammad_Arif 

I think you want to build reports in Power Bi Desktop with Business Central as a data source and share it in Power Bi Service.

These blogs may help you.

Bolg1: Building Power BI Reports to Display Dynamics 365 Business Central Data

Blog2: Business Central and Power BI

Blog3: Creating Power BI Reports for Displaying List Data in Business Central

Blog4: Using Dynamics 365 Business Central as Power BI Data Source for Building Reports

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Thank You Sir, I have gone through all these blogs and documentaions already, what i want is to share the power bi reports with business central users, i published reports in a work space that has been accessible to other power bi users who are also business central users, when i tried sharing a demo report and when i log into business central i can't see that report, and when i share the same report in my workspace not that workspace that has been accessible with others then i am the only one who is able to see the reports not other... can you please let me know how can i view my reports as well as other users can see? i have gone through lots of documentations so far, nothing come up yet, i have gone through one document it is saying to set up row level security in power bi, in row level security i did and assigned roles to 2 power bi pro users who are also inside business central but still can't see it.

If you have any idea for this let me know.

Hi @Mohammad_Arif 

Could you tell me whether other users in your company can see the workspace ( is accessible to them) and the report you share in power bi Service?

If they can't see the workspace please check whether your Account have the same domain.

And  Here I found a blog may help you to share Power bi report in Business Central.

Blog: Working with Power BI Reports in Business Central

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Dear Rico, I really appreciate, that workspace has been accessible to all users (i have checked it) and they all are in the same domain, what i need as a user of Business Central (cloud) & power bi pro, i want to share the report on power bi services (accessible workspace) with the user who have power bi pro license but i want that they could see the sharing reports inside business central, not from power bi services becuase from there i have checked they can go to the accessible workspace and see the reports  that i have published but  i want that they should be able to see the sharing report from business central, & i have gone through this microsoft documets many times.. sir

Regards,

Arif

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.