cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Hover over visualization is not working for visuals placed inside shape(Rectangle) in powerBI

Hi, I'm new to this tool. 

I tried to create a container(in this case I used a rectangle shape with "Fill" set to off) to place my widgets/visuals inside them. But when I tried to hover the visuals I can't access them and I can only access the shape.  Is there a setting/option I need to set to make this work.

Any help is much appretiated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @gwtham90 ,

Like this?

v-lionel-msft_0-1603160563112.png

The 'Edit interactions' feature is used to handle the interaction of multiple visuals.

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV
Super User IV

@gwtham90 , The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.
Are you looking for a report tooltip page -https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips
Appreciate your Kudos.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks for the response. No I'm not asking about the tooltip. I can understand why its not clear. Basically I have a group of widgets/visuals which is grouped under "selection pane". The widgets are placed inside the "Rectangle" shape and when I "Hover" over the visuals like shown below,  I should be able to see the option highlighted and be able to select the visuals to make changes. But the below highlighted option is not been available when the widgets are placed inside the shape and I'm not sure what settings/options need to be done. 

gwtham90_0-1602900133456.png

Hi @gwtham90 ,

Like this?

v-lionel-msft_0-1603160563112.png

The 'Edit interactions' feature is used to handle the interaction of multiple visuals.

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
November Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2020 Updates!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform October Community Highlights

Check out the top community contributors across all of the communities

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors