Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zarlot531
Helper V
Helper V

Hover over only for line charts?

So I've found below when I have tons and tons of lines, the automatic "top 10" tooltip does not appear (as seen in first image below) and I'm able to hover over each line to see what it is. The trouble I have is when the top 10 tooltip does appear, it's hard for me to distinguish between the colors Power BI chooses and also it's just easier imo to be able to hover over each line and the name of the line appear. Is there a way to turn off the tooltip? The two pictures below will make this easier to understand: 

I like this: 

Capture000.JPG

I don't like this: 

Capture001.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zarlot531 

Would you like to set the different tooltips for the different legends respectively when you hover over the line, rather than use the same tooltip lists? As tested and researching, I'm afraid it is the default design in Power BI currently.

you may add your idea here to let more people know and vote for your idea, finally, it may be accepted by the Product team.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Zarlot531
Helper V
Helper V

And by the way, I've tried simply to turn the tooltip off but when I do that and hover on the line nothing shows up. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors