Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hover options in Grid/Table

Hi All,

Table1 is my dataset.

Hover.PNG

I created Table2 which have count of sales by Category. Now if i hover over the cell values on Count of Sales in Table2 then it have to show its respective Sum of sales (Sum of sales i have shown in table3 for your reference).

So i just need to keep table2 alone in report and for eg. if i hover over 3 which is present against "A" then the hover value need to be shown as 90.

if i hover over 3 which is present against "B" then the hover value need to be shown as 50.

if i hover over 3 which is present against "C" then the hover value need to be shown as 135.

We can use tooltip options in another page and we can place the table3 in that page and hide it but on hovering over it it will show entire row. But is there possibility if we hover over that cell then the respective sum value alone would show in hover?

Thanks in Advance

Prakash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This problem has already been asked, it's impossible to realize the idea in current version(2.83.5894.281 64-bit (July 2020)).

Different Tooltip for each bar 

The tooltip is meaningful for the entire view, not a field.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This problem has already been asked, it's impossible to realize the idea in current version(2.83.5894.281 64-bit (July 2020)).

Different Tooltip for each bar 

The tooltip is meaningful for the entire view, not a field.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous,

You can keep plot the Sales measure in a card on the Tooltips page and then you can only see the Sales value when hover over Table2.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if it doesn't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rajulshah ,

Yes Thanks for your reply. Understood.

But what if i have another column in the table just nest to the "Count of Sales" which is "Count of Profit" and hovering on that i would like to show Sum of Profit? 

In the tooltip page i cant change it dynamically i assume i..e, switch to sales and profit.

Thanks

Prakash

Hello @Anonymous,

You can have these two measures in the table in Report tooltip page and can check if it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rajulshah ,

I have added both the measures in table in tooltip page. If i hover over count of Profit for A Category it is showing entire 1st row (Row 'A') which means all the 3 columns (Category, Sum of Sales and Sum of Profits). I dont want to show entire row, if i hover over count of profit then i just want to see sum of profit for that row.

Is that Possible? or showing entire row is the only option.

Thanks

Prakash

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.