Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hour Relative Filter

Hi Everyone ,

hoping someone might have an idea on how to do this as its currently got me stumped in PBI.

Have an incrementing data set of values of which includes a datetime value.

Interested in Selecting the data back (via a single check box) by providing a filter of say;

< 3 hour,

< 6 hour,

< 12 hours,

< 24 hrs checkboxes

(no sliders).

For example current time is 10:05pm and I select the 3 hour check box I get that last 3 hours worth of data, 6 hour that last 6 hours of data etc.

image.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Anonymous 

I’m not calculating the counts of columns, the total volume could be removed in format pane. I’m filtering the actual table by rows, not sure where confused you. Kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

02.png

I attached the pbix here for your reference: https://wicren-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/dinaye_wicren_onmicrosoft_com/EaTca9zvCA9EsnLH6ksyJDwBZi3I9-YNDrtfsR_RHns5mA?e=9ubbIv 

Best regards,

Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous 

If my above post helps, could you please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. thanks!

Best regards,

Dina Ye

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. I’ve created a sample and added the measures below:
latest 3 hours = var Hourdiff = HOUR([NOW])-HOUR(MAX(Table1[Datetime]))
Return
IF(Hourdiff>=0&&Hourdiff<3&&DAY([NOW])=DAY(MAX([Datetime])),1,IF(HOUR([NOW])<3&&Hourdiff>=0&&Hourdiff<3&&DAY([NOW])-DAY(MAX([Datetime]))<=1,1,0))

latest 6 hours = var Hourdiff = HOUR([NOW])-HOUR(MAX(Table1[Datetime]))
Return
IF(Hourdiff>=0&&Hourdiff<6&&DAY([NOW])=DAY(MAX([Datetime])),1,IF(HOUR([NOW])<6&&Hourdiff>=0&&Hourdiff<6&&DAY([NOW])-DAY(MAX([Datetime]))<=1,1,0))

latest 12 hours = var Hourdiff = HOUR([NOW])-HOUR(MAX(Table1[Datetime]))
Return
IF(Hourdiff>=0&&Hourdiff<12&&DAY([NOW])=DAY(MAX([Datetime])),1,IF(HOUR([NOW])<12&&Hourdiff>=0&&Hourdiff<6&&DAY([NOW])-DAY(MAX([Datetime]))<=1,1,0))

latest 24 hours = var Hourdiff = HOUR([NOW])-HOUR(MAX(Table1[Datetime]))
Return
IF(Hourdiff>=0&&Hourdiff<24&&DAY([NOW])=DAY(MAX([Datetime])),1,IF(HOUR([NOW])<24&&Hourdiff>=0&&Hourdiff<=24&&DAY([NOW])-DAY(MAX([Datetime]))<=1&&HOUR([NOW])<HOUR(MAX([Datetime])),1,0))

7.png

2. Create the new table with 1 column listed below using for slicer:

8.png

3. Add the measure working for slicer:

Values in the hours = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table2[Column1])="Lastest 3 hours",MAXX(FILTER(table1,[latest 3 hours]=1),[Value]),IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table2[Column1])="Latest 6 hours",MAXX(FILTER(table1,[latest 6 hours]=1),[Value]),IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table2[Column1])="Latest 12 hours",MAXX(FILTER(Table1,[Latest 12 hours]=1),[Value]),IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Table2[Column1])="Latest 24 hours",MAXX(FILTER(table1,[latest 24 hours]=1),[Value]),MAX([Value])))))

9.png

Best regards,

Dina Ye

quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dina,

thankyou so much for taking the time and providing me a way forward. It really had be baffled on on to try to do this.

Ill try the setup and let you know how I go.

thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dina,

finally got back to this tonight and I see how you have approached the problem. However I was after the actual rows to be filtered in the table not the count as expressed in your solution. Everything else Ive set up ( and have made a few mods ) but am struggling to get over the last hurdle with the returning the rows selected in those time periods.

Hi @Anonymous 

I’m not calculating the counts of columns, the total volume could be removed in format pane. I’m filtering the actual table by rows, not sure where confused you. Kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

02.png

I attached the pbix here for your reference: https://wicren-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/dinaye_wicren_onmicrosoft_com/EaTca9zvCA9EsnLH6ksyJDwBZi3I9-YNDrtfsR_RHns5mA?e=9ubbIv 

Best regards,

Dina Ye

quickly.

Hi @Anonymous 

If my above post helps, could you please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. thanks!

Best regards,

Dina Ye

quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.