Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olia
Helper III
Helper III

Horizontal Slicer: how to change the colour of selected item

slicer.PNG

This is very dark. is there a way to make the selected item show not black, but Blue for example?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Olia  at present power bi don't have any option to do that.

an idea already posted link

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
CYParker
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

In case anyone come accross this post in their search for help, there is a MS Visual called "Chicklet Slicer" which is very versitile in comparision to the default slicer visual. It allows for a lot of customisation of the slicer buttons including setting images, changing selection colour etc.

More info here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/visual-awesomeness-unlocked-the-chiclet-slicer/

@CYParker wrote:

Hi,

In case anyone come accross this post in their search for help, there is a MS Visual called "Chicklet Slicer" which is very versitile in comparision to the default slicer visual. It allows for a lot of customisation of the slicer buttons including setting images, changing selection colour etc.

More info here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/visual-awesomeness-unlocked-the-chiclet-slicer/

This should be the accepted answer! Thanks for pointing out and solved many issues I had previously with the slicer by switching to Chicklet.

chethan
Resolver III
Resolver III

@Olia

Please use Custome visual 

hope this will fulfill your requirement

regards,

Chetan K 

Custom visuals don't allow to sync slicer between pages, from what I can see.

Users need this.

@Olia  at present power bi don't have any option to do that.

an idea already posted link

jh223
Frequent Visitor

This link doesn't seem to provide a solution..

That's a shame. Thank you for pointing me to the voting page though!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also like to change the colour of the buttons when I hover over the text. It is hard to read with a grey background, as the highlight colour is also grey.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors