Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Olia
Helper III
Helper III

Horizontal Slicer: how to change the colour of selected item

slicer.PNG

This is very dark. is there a way to make the selected item show not black, but Blue for example?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Olia  at present power bi don't have any option to do that.

an idea already posted link

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
CYParker
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

In case anyone come accross this post in their search for help, there is a MS Visual called "Chicklet Slicer" which is very versitile in comparision to the default slicer visual. It allows for a lot of customisation of the slicer buttons including setting images, changing selection colour etc.

More info here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/visual-awesomeness-unlocked-the-chiclet-slicer/

@CYParker wrote:

Hi,

In case anyone come accross this post in their search for help, there is a MS Visual called "Chicklet Slicer" which is very versitile in comparision to the default slicer visual. It allows for a lot of customisation of the slicer buttons including setting images, changing selection colour etc.

More info here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/visual-awesomeness-unlocked-the-chiclet-slicer/

This should be the accepted answer! Thanks for pointing out and solved many issues I had previously with the slicer by switching to Chicklet.

chethan
Resolver III
Resolver III

@Olia

Please use Custome visual 

hope this will fulfill your requirement

regards,

Chetan K 

Custom visuals don't allow to sync slicer between pages, from what I can see.

Users need this.

tjm4q2
Frequent Visitor

Hi Olia -- probably not of help now but custom slicer visuals now sync between pages!

@Olia  at present power bi don't have any option to do that.

an idea already posted link

Anonymous
Not applicable

This link doesn't seem to provide a solution..

That's a shame. Thank you for pointing me to the voting page though!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also like to change the colour of the buttons when I hover over the text. It is hard to read with a grey background, as the highlight colour is also grey.

This slicer is far better than the default but honestly its advantages are rendered useless by the lack of the ability to change the text color when the background color changes and that there is no option to include a "select all" button. Pretty useless over the default without these.

A round about solution is to use the new Bookmark Navigator button together with a few book marks that interact with a hidden basic slicer.  The book marks should be set to only work with the selected visual (hidden slicer).

I have done this before using calculation groups with tabular editor -- it works great until your dashboard gets too complex. Say you want to only have that slicer interact with certain visuals on the screen; you have to manually go in and edit the relationships between visuals for each button you put in with the hidden slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.