Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jesusmari
Frequent Visitor

[Horizontal Bar Chart:] Prevent labels from being concatenated on the Y axis

Good

In vertical bar charts we have the possibility to disable the "Concatenate Labels" on the X axis. It would be nice to be able to do this in horizontal bar charts, in the Y. Does anyone know how to do it? we want something momo the image

Grafico de barras horizonal con etiquetas no concatenadas en el eje y.JPG

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the same issue where the labels on the Y axis are concatenated and since the categories and subcategories are squeezed I only see something like this for each horizontale bar:

"County name A City name 1..."  -- Bar

"County name A City name 2..."  -- Bar

"County name B City name..."     -- Bar

I dont want to have the the 3 dots ... and I want to have the County A showing once as a 1 label and the city names displayed in the next level of label, something like this:

City name 1         -- Bar

County name A          City name 2         -- Bar

City name 3         -- Bar

City name 4         -- Bar

...                    -- Bar    

City name 8          -- Bar

County name B           City name 9         -- Bar

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jesusmari 

We found that when creating a Stacked Bar Chart visualisation and using the County Hierarchy on the Y axis and Sales Count on the value, there was no choice to concatenate labels on the Y axis formatting options.

We know from experience that by changing the chart to a Stacked Column Chart, there is a concatenate option available on the X axis

We observed that by setting concatenate labels to “Off” and changing the visual back to a Stacked Bar Chart, the Y axis labels concatenated correctly.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Thank you for your contribution:

In my case what I need is just the opposite: that the labels on the Y axis are not concatenated.

Let's hope that upcoming Power BI updates will incorporate the option to turn off label concatenation on the Y axis for horizonatles bar charts.

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.