Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ramsgaard

Horizoltal slicer

Hi.

I what to show the year in a slicer Horizoltally, i have just seen it done in a presentation, but I can not find the function in the april 2020 version.

I select the slicer and goes to the format menu "General" but the function is not there.

Ramsgaard

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Ramsgaard ,

What version of Power BI you are using? Try updating you Power BI version.

I can see the orientation option at my end as follows:

sl2.png

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

@Ramsgaard there is a bug and here is a workaround, if you start slicer with a number field, you will not see this option to change to horizontal.

- create a slicer

- add non numeric column (text column) as a slicer (it is a temporary)

- change orientation to horizontal

- now replace column in the slicer the column you actually want, even if it is a number and that will get you going.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
adhumal2
Helper III
Helper III

@RamsgaardIts available there under the general tab in format section. Please check whether you have selected the slicer visual or any other visual

Capture7.PNG

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ramsgaard ,

Under Format options --> Orientation

sl1.png

You can also try some custom visual based slicers like Chiclet Slicer.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi. this is also where im looking, but the orientation option is not visible.

Below you can see the options I can see

Hi @Ramsgaard ,

I don't see any screesnhot in your last reply.

Also are you on latest Power BI version? Please add screenshot on what you are seeing.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Sotty dont know what went wrong 🙂

Anmærkning 2020-05-27 152719.png

Hi @Ramsgaard ,

What version of Power BI you are using? Try updating you Power BI version.

I can see the orientation option at my end as follows:

sl2.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi I have the april 2020 version.

Anmærkning 2020-05-27 154800.png

Hi.

It works now, i had two different year variabls in my data. i tried the other one and that works. Not sure what the difference are other than the first i used and the one that did not work was part of a date Hierarchy, maybe that can be the problem.

thank you anyway!

Andreas

@Ramsgaard there is a bug and here is a workaround, if you start slicer with a number field, you will not see this option to change to horizontal.

- create a slicer

- add non numeric column (text column) as a slicer (it is a temporary)

- change orientation to horizontal

- now replace column in the slicer the column you actually want, even if it is a number and that will get you going.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hi @Ramsgaard ,

Please update your Power BI Desktop version to May 2020.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Ramsgaard  on format page, under general tab, you have the option to change the orientation to Horizontal, I think that is what you are looking for. If not provide more details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.