Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JdL42
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hop to simplify refresh oAuth2

Hi. I use PowerBI desktop with Excel files located on a SharePoint site. I use oAuth2 without any problem. Each day, reports are automaticaly refreshed. But in my company, we are supposed to change our password each two months. Each Time I have to refresh file per file the oAuth2. Is there a better way to do this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@JdL42 wrote:

Hi. I use PowerBI desktop with Excel files located on a SharePoint site. I use oAuth2 without any problem. Each day, reports are automaticaly refreshed. But in my company, we are supposed to change our password each two months. Each Time I have to refresh file per file the oAuth2. Is there a better way to do this ?

@JdL42

From Power BI development aspect, there's no public REST API that do that. So I'm afraid that you'll have to update the credential for each file after your password changes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@JdL42 wrote:

@JdL42

From Power BI development aspect, there's no public REST API that do that. So I'm afraid that you'll have to update the credential for each file after your password changes.

Thank's a lot for your answer (sorry for the delay). I'm afraid too. Perhaps I can try a solution like a function that connect to the SharePoint list once and extract all files I need. I don't kow if that could work. Will try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.