Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elinsner
Frequent Visitor

Historical Reporting with Salesforce and Other Systems

I am new to Power BI and would like to utilize it for historical reporting from Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics and a few other smaller systems.  From my initial testing and online research it appears historical reporting is only available if I create some type of Data Warehouse.  The data warehouse will allow Power BI to pull the info that it needs to create the reports and dashboards that I am looking for.

Can someone verify if this is true, and if so, what the preferred data warehouse would be to function as the go-between for these systems?

Thanks in advance,

Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@elinsner

It's true. Since you need historical reporting for those online services data, you have to store the data somewhere so that you can keep the historical data of past periods and compare with latest data. You can try SQL data warehouse or some other data warehouse for this function.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
oliverhansen
Advocate I
Advocate I

It is possible to do this ny using the reporting snapshots feature in Salesforce

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@elinsner

It's true. Since you need historical reporting for those online services data, you have to store the data somewhere so that you can keep the historical data of past periods and compare with latest data. You can try SQL data warehouse or some other data warehouse for this function.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.