cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Historical Data from Database in Power BI

Hello guys, 

i recently posted a similiar question but although this topic was marked as resolved i am still a bit lost with this topic.

This example may not be the most complex one but i think it will do to get my point across. 

Bluefire_1-1596196210418.png

So basically i have a dataset which looks like this and i must be able to create reports out of this dataset for a specific date. 

I thought about doing something like having a slicer which changes the SQL query to query where the choosen date falls into the all the Valid from and valid to. With my previous question i was able to filter this in a table visualisation but as i want to use more visuals and show diferent aspects of this data i somehow need to be able to do this with the correct date. Its not really possible to use the measure i created to achive this in a table visualisation for e.g. a graph or something else. Basically the whole dataset should reflect to show only the data which falls in the choosen date to build visualisations out of this. R scripting is not really possible as i have to use the powerbi service to distribute the reports.

Does anyone have an idea on how to achieve this?

Kind Regards

Marc

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

@Bluefire if you are planning to distribute this kind of long tables, you should be looking at Power BI Report Builder (paginated report). That tool is designed to achieve such functionality (like operational reports). But keep in mind, report builder needs Power BI premium subscription.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Happy New Year from Power BI

This is a must watch for a message from Power BI!

December Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2020 Updates!

Community Blog

Check it Out!

Click here to read the latest blog and learn more about contributing to the Power BI blog!

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors