Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gabriela
Helper I
Helper I

Histogram visual doesn't display negative values

Hi,

I've been using histograms (from custom visuals library) for quite some time. They were working perfectly on desktop PowerBI and also in web. 

Unfortunately in the latest version of PowerBI the histogram doesn't display negative values (as you can see in the picture on the right).  Normally, I'd go for an R visual but this is no longer supported in the PowerBI version I have.

I'd appreciate any suggestion how to deal with this problem.

histogram_problem.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all, just to confirm, MSFT solved the issue with negative values in the histogram visual in the latest update (December 2017).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a bug - negative values are shown incorrectly. Confirmed for Oct. and Nov. 2017 releases.

Has it been filed?

@Anonymous,

from my conversation with the PowerBI helpdesk, it seems they plan to release an updated version of histogram visual in the middle of December. 

Hi all, just to confirm, MSFT solved the issue with negative values in the histogram visual in the latest update (December 2017).

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@gabriela

I make tests in October update and November update of Power BI Desktop, histogram charts show as same as yours, the negative values don’t show in the left side of x-axis.

In what previous version of Power BI Desktop did you create the histogram and histogram chart displays negative values as shown in your first screenshot?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft,

thanks for looking into this. I'm not sure how can I check the version in which histograms worked (can I?) but after last update to version 2.51.4885.701 64-bit (October 2017) it stopped working. 

When I tried manually fix the x scale display option it automatically changes to 0.

@gabriela,

I get same result in May update of Power BI Desktop, negative values also don't show in the left side of x-axis.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Do you have any suggestion how to deal with it? If possible I'd rather not use bar charts instead of histograms.

@gabriela,

You can submit a feature request in Power BI ideas forum, or send a email to Power BI Custom Visuals Support (pbicvsupport@microsoft.com) about how to add negative values in this chart.

Regards,
Lydia

Hi Lydia,

thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks,

Gabriela

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.