Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lvanam
Frequent Visitor

Histogram custom bins

Hello everyone,

I downloaded the Histogram visual from https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/ to my local and when I imported this visual on the power Bi desktop, I dont see an option for changing the bins. In fact I dont see Bins in the General options at all. I only see options for X-positiom, Y-position, Width and height unlike sample example. Please tell me where the disconnect is? Thank you!HistogramBins.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@lvanam

Based on my test, you will have to fill the values field then the "Bins" would be activated.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Thank you! That worked. Is there any way to define the custom bin size?

For example I have a field called Product size that has data varying from 0 to 5000.I want to be able to divide the bins as:

<100, 100-300, 300-500 and 500+ for the histogram. If I define the custom bin size as 4, it automatically divide it into bin sizes with equal number of intervals. I want to be able to define the sizes as above. How do I do that?

@lvanam

As far as I know, there's no way to custom BIN ranges, you can submit and vote up an idea on Power BI ideas. As a workaround, may be you can try to use some calculated column(column = if ( value<100 then "<100",if(value<200,"100-200",">200")) and apply the column to visual accordingly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.