Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cynthiaAA

Highlighting values based on slicer

Hello,

I've been trying to figure this out for a while and would appreciate any suggestions!

I have the following tables, which have a relationship between the Description columns. 

Table1

OfficeDescription
AlphaA
BetaB
GammaB

Table2

DescriptionOutput
A1
B2
C3

In my report, I have two visuals: a slicer on Table1[Office] and a table listing Table2[Description].

I want to highlight the rows in the table visual based on the description. For example, if I were to select Office Alpha in the slicer, I would want the table visual to highlight the row containing "A" in the Description column. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

You could do something along the lines of this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DLq5i1mlFqg

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

You could do something along the lines of this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DLq5i1mlFqg

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!
cynthiaAA

Hi @aj1973 

I did a bit of research into bookmarks and from what I understand your suggestion is to create a bookmark for each office. If this is the case, the list of offices is quite long and that wouldn't be feasible. To be a little more clear, I would like the row of the table visual to appear in a different colour if the office selected from the slicer does in fact have that description. It would look similar to this:

cynthiaAA_0-1640975806025.png

Please let me know if I misunderstood you and you meant to use the bookmark feature in a different way 🙂

Thank you!

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cynthiaAA 
Yes, it is understood and you are right it is not feasable when the list of description is long. However I don't think it is acheivable otherwise as the slicer is made to filter rows and keep only what is filtered.

I will keep looking as well as you if something more suitable comes on my way 🙂

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @cynthiaAA 

In my understanding you want to Highlight the row without filtering when using the slicer! I would recommend using Bookmarks for this.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.