Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tomvs
Frequent Visitor

Highlighting/emphasising a series in multiple graphs at once

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to highlight/emphasise a single series in multiple line graphs at once. I have 6 different line graphs on my tile, each for a different metric, but all with the same series.

If 1 click a series In 1 line graph, it is highlighted/emphasised, making the other series transparent ,cfr the emphasised yellow series in picture below.

Highlight.PNG

However, I have multiple line graphs on 1 page, and if I highlight 1 series in 1 graph, it applies a filter on the other graphs. This I already changed via "Edit Interactions", so the filter is no longer applied (I always want to see all the series in every graph). But now nothing happens to the other line graphs.

What I'm looking for is how to highlight this yellow series in all the graphs on this page at once (so putting the other 7 series "in the background" in all the other graphs on this page).

Thx already!

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@tomvs

I still can't understand your reuqirement. Because by default, when you highlight 1 series in line chart, all other visuals will be cascading filtered.

What do you mean "highlight 1 serie in all  graphs at once"?

Regards,

Hi Simon, thanks for having a look.

In a line graph, you can click on one of the series, and it will become highlighted/emphasised, putting the other series 'in the background", cfr picture. In this case, the yellow series on top is highligted.

Highlight.PNG

However, I have multiple line graphs on 1 page, each line graph with the same 8 series, and if I highlight 1 series in 1 graph, it applies a filter on the other graphs. This I already changed via "Edit Interactions", so the filter is no longer applied (I always want to see all the series in every graph).

What I'm looking for is how to highlight this yellow series in all the graphs on this page at once (so putting the other 7 series "in the background" in all the other graphs on this page).

Thx already!

Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.