Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Highlighting duplicate values in a power BI table

Hi guys,

I am working on a report that shows types and number of outlets that are visited by sales reps. When an sales rep visits an outlet more than once, it appears as a duplicate in our database. I have been asked to highlight which outlets have been visited more than once (duplicated values only) and show the number of revisits done.

I'd appreciate if someone sheds a light on the best approach to solve this.

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Kaskazi_Network ,

You can group by Outlet and add a record count as a calculated column.

Consequently, you could filter your visual to only show records where this record count > 1.

Alternatively, you can use the summarizecolumns function in DAX which actually does the same as the group by but won't store the data in memory. More information on this function you can find here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/summarizecolumns-function-dax

Was my answer anywhere helpful?

Show your appreciation by simply marking my reply as solution or throw it a kudo. 🙂

Hop on the data train and get connected @LouSegers

View solution in original post

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kaskazi_Network 

You can use the distinct count to calculate the visits whether more than once, output the value as calculated column. and then use the conditional firmatting to highlight it. 

Please share the dummy pbix with expected results disclosed if you'd like us to draw it up for you.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, I have to do something similar to what you did, can you guide me how you managed to do it, I'm starting to use this tool. I need to count the repeated records and these in turn have different dates

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kaskazi_Network 

You can use the distinct count to calculate the visits whether more than once, output the value as calculated column. and then use the conditional firmatting to highlight it. 

Please share the dummy pbix with expected results disclosed if you'd like us to draw it up for you.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Kaskazi_Network , Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Kaskazi_Network_0-1597400580274.png

The highligted outlets indicate that that outlet was visited three times on different dates. I want to show only these duplicated outlets and indicate the number of all revisits..

Hi @Kaskazi_Network ,

You can group by Outlet and add a record count as a calculated column.

Consequently, you could filter your visual to only show records where this record count > 1.

Alternatively, you can use the summarizecolumns function in DAX which actually does the same as the group by but won't store the data in memory. More information on this function you can find here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/summarizecolumns-function-dax

Was my answer anywhere helpful?

Show your appreciation by simply marking my reply as solution or throw it a kudo. 🙂

Hop on the data train and get connected @LouSegers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.