Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

roumen92
Helper I
Helper I

Highlighting across pages

Dear all,

Is there a possibility to use highlighted visuals as a filter? Basically the same thing as a drilltrough but withoud using the right click. Our users don't want to use the right click. They rather want to highlight a visual and then use a button to get to the detaisl page.

Is there such a possibility?

Best,
Roman

5 REPLIES 5
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @roumen92,

From your description, I could not understand the sentence "use highlighted visuals as a filter", could you please offer me more information about it?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Daniel,

As an example, we want to click on a bar from a bar chart where we see our sales by year (Let's say the sales from 2014). The exact products sold are on another page. Instead of right-clicking and drill-through we would like to click on a button and get to that page but with the context that we clicked (So that we would see the products we sold in 2014).

It is working with drillthrough, but our employees dont want to right click on that bar. They want to normally click on it and then use a button to see the details.

Hope this makes it clear

Hi @roumen92,

Based on my research, you could use the bookmarks and the buttons, see the below link:

http://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately this is not what I was looking for. I will show it here:

The drillthrough for the year 2017 works like a charm:Drilltrough.jpg

They right-click the bar and Drilltrough to the "Fallliste". But we're looking for a solution like this:

highlight.jpg

So they want to highlight the bar 2017 and then use the "Show Details" Button to get to the page called "Fallliste"

Do you think this is possible?

Hi @roumen92,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not achieve this feature currently, but I suggest you could ues the Report tooltip function:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.