Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mi2n
Employee
Employee

Highlight top performing value

Hi,

Is there a way to dynamically highlight(show as a different color) a top performing bar (a single bar) from a bar chart, based on a condition/measure?

3 REPLIES 3
pqian
Employee
Employee

You can't exactly change the color of data points programmatically (you can hand pick them via the formatter), but you can "highlight" by changing the datapoint's saturation via the Color saturation field. In the example below a calculated column is added as the saturation that basically returns 1 for "top" sales and 0 otherwise. Of course you aren't limited to just binary numbers. Play with it more and discover for yourself 😉

Capture.PNG

Oh and I wanted to add that once you added the saturation field, You can create a "rainbow" color series that maps to different saturation levels by changing the Data Colors in the formatter. Turn on "Diverging" and pick your favorite colors! 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well, you could potentially use TOPN to grap the top values and put those in a different chart with different colors. I am not aware of a way to highlight certain bars in a chart other than with the use of visual interactions like slicers.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.