Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielllin
Helper I
Helper I

Highlight dot dynamically

Hi,

擷取.PNG
This picture is from "The big book of dashboards", and this concepts is very useful in my company's scenario,
but i can't use PowerBI to acheieve it.
What i what to do is:
when i filter some conditions, if data is in the conditions, then the dot is blue, but others are gray,
so it can show me where is the dot and i can compare it with others easily. 
(If not only single dots are in the conditions, then highlight those dots)
Can anyone teach me how to do it? 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @danielllin,

not quite sure if I understand the image you shared 100%, but the in the default scatter plot of Power BI there is an option of semi-dynamically setting the color of dots via Formatting -> Data colors -> Advanced controls -> setting the appropriate rules. 

Take a look at the documentation provided by Microsoft

Making use of the cross-filtering and highlighting capabilities of Power BI may also be worth exploring for you.

If you can provide specific requirements of what you need, as well as some example data(or subset of real data), I'll be happy to help you.

best regards,

Sturla

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @danielllin,

not quite sure if I understand the image you shared 100%, but the in the default scatter plot of Power BI there is an option of semi-dynamically setting the color of dots via Formatting -> Data colors -> Advanced controls -> setting the appropriate rules. 

Take a look at the documentation provided by Microsoft

Making use of the cross-filtering and highlighting capabilities of Power BI may also be worth exploring for you.

If you can provide specific requirements of what you need, as well as some example data(or subset of real data), I'll be happy to help you.

best regards,

Sturla

Hi Sturla,

Thanks, it works!! I use this way to acheieve it!

Formatting -> Data colors -> Advanced controls -> field value

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors