Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Highlight differences between totals by category

I have the below table which shows total dollars by category (x-axis) for each Name (color). This is used to show the differences in cost from one Name to another.

2018-07-17_14-12-58.png

Is there anyway to show some kind of difference, percent change, etc. to highlight the savings or extra cost between the names?

If needed, this page can be limited to show only two (or three) 'Names' at a time.

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi  @Anonymous,

Is there anyway to show some kind of difference, percent change, etc. to highlight the savings or extra cost between the names?

If needed, this page can be limited to show only two (or three) 'Names' at a time.

I'm not very clear about your requirement. Do you want to a visual to show some kind of difference, percent change, etc. to highlight the savings or extra cost between the names?

If it is convenient, could you show your data sample and your desired output?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - @v-piga-msft,

Exactly as you said, I'm trying to show some kind of difference, percent change, etc. to highlight the savings or extra cost between the names.

Here some sample data (If possible I'd like this solution to be able to handle more than two names, but I would be happy with just a comparison of two).

NameCategoryAmount
A15
A15
A215
B10
B110
B22
B23

Here is one idea I had to highlight the differences between the 'Names', but I am in no way locked into this. I am open to any better suggestions!

20181907.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i have the same problem!Robot surprised

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.