cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight clicked button

Hi guys,

I've got some buttons to switch between some bookmarks and I wish to make highlighted last clicked button for example changing its background color or other. Any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance for any clue.

Luca
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Highlight clicked button

@laciodrom_80,

It just occurred to me that there might be a workaround. What about setting the button background to 100% for all bookmarks and then have colored rectangles behind buttons that change visibility according to the bookmarks...could this reproduce a highlighted button effect?

Br,

T

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @laciodrom_80,

You are on the right track.

I use buttons for e.g. navigation between pages and need to highlight the last clicked button so the user knows what page they are on.

I do this by disabling the fill option in the button formatting and enabling the background option in the bookmark the button navigates to. Note, this approach doens't quite work if the bookmarks are used to change the visibility of visualizations on the same page and you want the filters to carry between bookmarks (atleast I haven't gotten it to function properly, could work though.)

buttons2.PNGNo backgroundbuttons1.PNGHighlighted buttonbuttons.PNGWhat it looks like

Br, 

T

Hi @Anonymous,

thanks for the hint, unfortunatelly I'm just using bookmarks to change the visibility of visualizations on the same page Smiley Sad

Luca
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laciodrom_80,

It just occurred to me that there might be a workaround. What about setting the button background to 100% for all bookmarks and then have colored rectangles behind buttons that change visibility according to the bookmarks...could this reproduce a highlighted button effect?

Br,

T

JoeChamp Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Did this work for you? I'm trying this approach but the background color of the rectangle is not sticking with the bookmark.  I have display checked off in the bookmark selection.  How do you get the rectangle to keep the background percentage setting? 

yes it works, if you want I've a simple pbix file for example. Give me a mail address, I'll send it to you

bye

Luca
JoeChamp Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I got it to work by hiding/unhiding the rectangle behind depending on the bookmark selected.  All set!  Works like a charm... Thanks!

Sumanchintala Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi ,

Can you plese share the file with me . I am looking for the same kind of requriement 

@Sumanchintala send me a message with your mail

bye

Luca
srikanthgunnam Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello, Could someone help to highlight a button when clicked? I have two buttons on same page and boomarking was also on the same page.