Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

laciodrom_80
Helper IV
Helper IV

Highlight clicked button

Hi guys,

I've got some buttons to switch between some bookmarks and I wish to make highlighted last clicked button for example changing its background color or other. Any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance for any clue.

Luca
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laciodrom_80,

It just occurred to me that there might be a workaround. What about setting the button background to 100% for all bookmarks and then have colored rectangles behind buttons that change visibility according to the bookmarks...could this reproduce a highlighted button effect?

Br,

T

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
rakshanNagesh

I think Bookmark Navigator can help you out in this requirement. 

This video describes bookmark navigators. 

adp_81
Frequent Visitor

I know this is an old topic and it also has an accepted solution

Anyway I found another way to do this, and I find it simpler than the other one (not cleaner though)

What about having two buttons, one with the desired "clicked" style and the other with the "not clicked" style. Both in the same position, overlapping each other. And toggle their visibility using bookmarks according to the desired output you want to show?

I've test it and works as expected. 

Hope this may help anyone. 

ah smart. didn't think of this, thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here we go. Absolutely ridiculous functional oversight of the day. You can configure absolutely everything else apart from the button active state. But why would anyone want to do that?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hacky workarounds. I love em

Alisea_MI
Advocate III
Advocate III

@laciodrom_80 

Hi, would you be so kind to email me your pbx as well? I also need to set it up for my user. alisea.moyseenko@gmail.com
Many thanks in advance!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@laciodrom_80 @Anonymous @kiran142001 @Anonymous @praveeney 

All,

Changing Fill & Background option cant be Highlighted Clicked Button 😠1`

Its a very simple just you need to use multiple buttons to achive this feature 

Please download the sample attached pbix file here

Highlight Clicked Button Sample PBIX File 
Incase of any challanges related to DAX please connect with me on HAREESH MALLURI 

jorisvp
Regular Visitor

Hi @laciodrom_80 , I'm also very interested in your solution.  Could you also send me the file?  joris_v_p [at] hotmail [.com]

Thank you!

makassem

Hi @laciodrom_80 

Thank you for sharing, it works fantastic. Cheers👍

thanks @laciodrom_80  for sharing. It works like a charm 👍

Hope Power BI team provide a fix via formatting in the future releases.

Thanks,

Naizam

makassem

Hi Luca,

I have the same requirement too. Please could you share the file to

afroz.mohamed@gmail.com

Thanks 🙂

purpliie
Regular Visitor

@laciodrom_80 

could you please send it to me as well?

purpliie.li@gmail.com

thank you!

@purpliie , just sent! 😉

Luca
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @laciodrom_80 

I have same requirement. Can you please share me the example as well?

@Anonymous, @moons  done!!!  😉

Luca
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @laciodrom_80,

You are on the right track.

I use buttons for e.g. navigation between pages and need to highlight the last clicked button so the user knows what page they are on.

I do this by disabling the fill option in the button formatting and enabling the background option in the bookmark the button navigates to. Note, this approach doens't quite work if the bookmarks are used to change the visibility of visualizations on the same page and you want the filters to carry between bookmarks (atleast I haven't gotten it to function properly, could work though.)

No backgroundNo backgroundHighlighted buttonHighlighted buttonWhat it looks likeWhat it looks like

Br, 

T

Hi @Anonymous,

thanks for the hint, unfortunatelly I'm just using bookmarks to change the visibility of visualizations on the same page Smiley Sad

Luca
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laciodrom_80,

It just occurred to me that there might be a workaround. What about setting the button background to 100% for all bookmarks and then have colored rectangles behind buttons that change visibility according to the bookmarks...could this reproduce a highlighted button effect?

Br,

T

Did this work for you? I'm trying this approach but the background color of the rectangle is not sticking with the bookmark.  I have display checked off in the bookmark selection.  How do you get the rectangle to keep the background percentage setting? 

yes it works, if you want I've a simple pbix file for example. Give me a mail address, I'll send it to you

bye

Luca

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.