Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tasos
Helper II
Helper II

Highlight all but one value

Hello,

Fairly easy question, not sure if there is an answer.

Highlighting a specific value is easy. Similar is for highlighting multiple values (by having pressed the ctrl). Is there an easy way to select all but one value? For example, I want to have highlighted every day but Sunday but without having to select the rest six.  

Capture.JPG

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Tasos,

No. Currently, there is no easy way to highlight all column bars except one. The only way is to select item one by one as you mentioned.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Tasos,

I can't see a way to do this by clicking on the visual.

An alternative way would be to use the "visual level filter" where you can tick "select all" and then unselect the day you don't want to see.

Alex

Hello @alexei7,

I was afraid that I may have this answer.

I had thought this alternative solution, however, it is not what I am looking for, at least not in this case.  

Still, thanks for your time.

Tasos

Hoho1
Frequent Visitor

Hi Tasos,

you can always filter Sunday out by entering the Weekday name variable in the Visual level filters. This will stop Sunday from showing at all in your graph. (see example with dates instead)

Capture2.PNG

If you want Sunday to still show but with a different colour, you can select a colour in the Data Colors section manually.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps!

Thank you @Hoho1,

I am aware of this option, however, it is not what I am looking for in this case.

Still, thank you for your time.

Tasos

Hoho1
Frequent Visitor

Would you mind explaining in more detail what is it you're after? 

Sure I can.

I have created this simple report, for training purposes, where "Active days" and "Lines by Day" are linked.

I want to show how graphs interact with each other. For example, I want to show the lines per day for Monday only and for Mon-Fr (excluding weekend). I know I can use the weekday as a filter and exclude Sat & Sun, however, as I had said, it is it is not what I need. I have another pie chart and I want to show the proportion of a specific value for the weekdays compared to the total. 

Capture.JPG

Hope that now is clear what I originally wanted.

Regards

Hoho1
Frequent Visitor

Maybe then you can create a grouped variable (right click on the variable name and select "New Group") where you select all weekdays and put them in one group and then Sat&Sun in another group and use that as a filter/slicer?

I really appreciate your efforts, however, I don't want to use a filter, even as you have suggested. A filter cannot give me the visual below, it needs to be a highlight 

Capture.JPG

Hoho1
Frequent Visitor

Apologies I can't help with this then. My limited knowledge on Power BI ends about here 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.