cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
UAV-Test-Pilot Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Highlight (Cross-Filter Visualization Interactions) from Multiple Visualizations

I am trying to have a report highlight from multiple visualizations selections, but cannot get it to work. I have about 10 visualizations on one report, and when I filter by clicking on a value (or control-click multiple values) inside one visualization, all other visualizations correctly update. However, when I go to viz1 and make and a selection(s) then make a selection(s) in viz2, my viz1 selections go away.

What I want to do is go inside visualization 1, select a row to highlight all other visualizations, then go to visualization 2 to further filter the data.

I could do this with the actual filter pane, but I don't know ahead of time what values I am interested in. What I want is something like chained adhoc filtering / highlighting, where selections in one viz are retained when I switch focus to a different viz.

Is this a current feature? Is this a planned feature? Can I make this possible with some custom DAX, measures, data trickery? Does this have to be an App / Dashboard and not a report?

The primary method of consumption of this report / app will be on the server, not Desktop if that changes anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Highlight (Cross-Filter Visualization Interactions) from Multiple Visualizations

Well I feel stupid.... just tried again in Desktop and it works. Selecting viz1, then while holding control select viz2 value, it correctly applies both filters.

Works in desktop, reports on server, and app on server. Mark it up to user error I guess.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Frequent Visitor

Re: Highlight (Cross-Filter Visualization Interactions) from Multiple Visualizations

Well I feel stupid.... just tried again in Desktop and it works. Selecting viz1, then while holding control select viz2 value, it correctly applies both filters.

Works in desktop, reports on server, and app on server. Mark it up to user error I guess.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 64 members 1,104 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: