Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

High volume entry affecting chart scale, move to secondary axis or divide by 10,100

Hi guys, 

In below screenshot I have a value that is in the 100 where the rest are in 10s whats the best way of handling this?

Scaling.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I could create a new table that is just the Candidate calls from the events table and then join to back to it so I can still use the ref as the count value? I'll give it a go. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

For your requirement, I think broken axis chart will be suitable, but current power bi not support this feature, I think you can send this requirement to ideas forum.

Reference:

Broken Y Axis in an Excel Chart

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to sum the event types (activity) that are candidate calls and divide it by /10 or /100? 

Generally if you have data that are orders of magnitude different scale, normalization via logarithm will help.  Not sure if this can be used in this use case, but thought I would point this out.

If you can get away with a line and column chart, you can set two different axes, but again, not sure if this is applicable here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I could create a new table that is just the Candidate calls from the events table and then join to back to it so I can still use the ref as the count value? I'll give it a go. Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.