Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

erikpajunk
Regular Visitor

High RAM Consumption

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out why Power BI is taking up so much RAM and I just can't.

I have designed and shared a file with 5 other people. This file takes up to 1.2GB in my computer while taking around 200MB in theirs. This makes me believe that there is nothing wrong with the file.

I have tried to uninstall my application and reinstall it three times and also tried to go to options > disable background sync etc.

Nothing seems to work.

image 1.pngimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @erikpajunk ,

First of all, the consumption of RAM is dynamic. I have some suggestions you can try.

1. Do they have the same file size? The pbix file.

2. Did you apply any actions when you checked the Task Manager? Such as applying queries, refreshing.

3. Please refer to the snapshot below to see which one consumes the most RAM.

High-RAM-Consumption4. Please use the x64 bit version of Desktop.

5. This article is good. Maybe you can have a look.

To be honest, it's hard to find the root cause without the file and the computer environment.

Please understand that this link is provided “AS IS” with no warranties or guarantees of content changes, and confers no rights.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @erikpajunk ,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @erikpajunk ,

First of all, the consumption of RAM is dynamic. I have some suggestions you can try.

1. Do they have the same file size? The pbix file.

2. Did you apply any actions when you checked the Task Manager? Such as applying queries, refreshing.

3. Please refer to the snapshot below to see which one consumes the most RAM.

High-RAM-Consumption4. Please use the x64 bit version of Desktop.

5. This article is good. Maybe you can have a look.

To be honest, it's hard to find the root cause without the file and the computer environment.

Please understand that this link is provided “AS IS” with no warranties or guarantees of content changes, and confers no rights.

Best Regards,

I am so sorry for the late reply! The links you sent helped me a lot, but I wasn't able to figure out the root of the problem. I reorganized my data model and it has been working better now. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.