Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Natalia1234
Regular Visitor

Hierarchy slicer filters the report correctly but do not display the choice correctly

Hi everybody, 

I'm rather new to Power BI and after the update I face the following problem:

I'm using hierarchy slicer with sinc, so 3 out of 4 pages have the same synchronized filter. After the update the filter works correctly (after choosing 1 option on the first page, the second one is filtered too), but on the second page filter DISPLAYS like all the options are chosen. The problem can be connected with bookmarks, as by default the boolmarks are "all options chosen". When updating bookmarks, I use "selected visuals" option, and I didn't spoted this problem before the update. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Natalia

7 REPLIES 7
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Natalia1234 ,

Could you please provide the following information in order to make troubleshooting for your problem?

1. Current version of your Power BI Desktop

2. The screenshots of the related visuals(hierarchy slicer, bookmark etc.)

3. Explain the functionaility of above visuals

4. Whether only the report page with bookmarks can't work correctly?

It is better if you can provide your pbix file(exclude sensitive data).

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1. Version: 2.79.5768.721 64-bit

2. Examples are on screens:
When you choose a suboption on the first page (screen 1), the second one is filtered too and that's what I want, but slicer on the second page does  not display the chosen option correctly, it displays like nothing is chosen (but the content of the page still is filtered correctly). Screen 2. Screen 3 demonstrates slicer's settings.

The result does not connected with using arrow with a bookmark or just manually switching pages. 
scr_1.jpgscr_2.jpgscr_3.jpg

Hi @Natalia1234 ,

Whether both of the option "Data" for Bookmark 1 and Bookmark 2 are unchecked?

Bookmark.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AiolosZhao
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Natalia1234 ,

Could you please share your PBI file with some sample data?

I think that it will be better to track the issue, or if you can upload some screenshots about your problem?

Thanks.

Aiolos Zhao

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I posted the information below. Thank you in advance for your interest!

Natalia

Hi @Natalia1234  ,

Whether the problem has been resolved? If yes, could you please mark the helpful post as Answered? It will help other members in the community find the solution easily if they face the similar problem with you. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Hi @Natalia1234 ,

Could you please try to delete the related bookmarks and re-create them? Then check whether the hierarchy slicer can work correctly... Please check the solution in the following similar thread which the slicer can't display correctly when the page created bookmarks:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Drop-down-Slicers-rendering-as-a-list-on-service/m-p/939536

Best Regards

Rena

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors