Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hierarchy look up in matrix

Hi,

I want to implement a hierarchy (Level 8- Level 1) in a matrix visual. These levels are the area name in a country like (territory->>district etc.) and want to show the sales amount. I have these 8 slicers over there in the report as well,  when I select a low level of being from the slicer; What I am seeing there the particular sales data for that level and below that level as well ; and that is fine. but the problem is with the level above the selected level. It's showing the same data to the above levels which I want to hide from the matrix.

Please follow the screenshots.scs1.jpg

scs2.jpg

Here you can see when I choose an area from the slicer I am seeing the accounts for this area 19507 (for below level it is segregated according to the district and territory) which is correct but the level above I am seeing the same number of account until the last level which I want to hide (when I select a level then I want to see the respective level data and the below only).

In the second screenshot you can see the data with slicing and that is all correct.

Please suggest How can I hide the data as per the above description.or can we use alternate to show this information.

Thanks in advance!!

Vishal

2 REPLIES 2
Arjun_SP
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous  Understood your requirement.

You need to understand the concept here, since you have selected  'Carolinas Area' the data is restricted to 'Carolinas Area' the sum up to the hierarchy will be the value available in 'Carolinas Area'.

Since you are showing the list in your matrix, why do u need a filter ? You can make the filter and the chart independent using 'Edit Interactions'. That way if someone selects the filter, your chart will not change.

Hope this helps 🙂

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi pindivi,

I am not clear about your requirement, so if possible, could you please inform me more detailed information ( your sample and your expected output)? Then I will help you more correctly.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.