Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hierarchy help

Hi,

Im just wondering if there's possibly a function that would help total up however many lower levels there is in a hierarchy e.g. Building name below and display the total (400).

The reason I ask is because the first measure ( Total Bookable Hours) for the 200 below comes from an unrelated date table so it doesn't naturally sum upwards. I almost need the Total bookable hours to display for how ever many occurences of a room there is and display total for the building.

The measure reads 

Total Bookable Hours =
CALCULATE(
COUNT(vwDimDate[Date]),
FILTER(vwDimDate, vwDimDate[WorkingDayFlag] = 1)) * 10

Ive looked into isinscope but the second part for the building I cant seem to work, and the measure totals dont seem to help.

Hope that makes sense

roomutilhelp.PNG

Thanks

Liam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

It looks like the same thread there.

So I directly tested the pbix  you  provide there.

It is unreasonable to establish relationship between tables through the field "Date" and  "Start date"

14.png16.png15.png

Through your original formula, I guess  you may just want to get the result of   [count of  all working days in the date] * 10.

If it is ,  try  this measure as below:

Measure = 
SUMX(GROUPBY('Bookings','Bookings'[Building Name],'Bookings'[Room]),COUNTROWS(FILTER(DISTINCT('Bookings'[Start Date]),WEEKDAY([Start Date],2) IN {1,2,3,4,5})) *10 )

pbix attached 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

It looks like the same thread there.

So I directly tested the pbix  you  provide there.

It is unreasonable to establish relationship between tables through the field "Date" and  "Start date"

14.png16.png15.png

Through your original formula, I guess  you may just want to get the result of   [count of  all working days in the date] * 10.

If it is ,  try  this measure as below:

Measure = 
SUMX(GROUPBY('Bookings','Bookings'[Building Name],'Bookings'[Room]),COUNTROWS(FILTER(DISTINCT('Bookings'[Start Date]),WEEKDAY([Start Date],2) IN {1,2,3,4,5})) *10 )

pbix attached 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-easonf-msft ,

My apologies, I thought it had been deleted. Thankyou so much for your time and the measure.

Regards

Liam

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks for your reply. This article relies on the measure summing upwards naturally which unfortunately my measure doesnt do.

Thanks

Liam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak ,

Thanks again for replying. They are all using the SUM function from the same table which I'm unfortunately not.

I'm not sure whether its possible, as if I use the isfiltered or isinscope it will always equal the same total as the lower level. I was hoping of an alternative approach where it could total the lower level on the fly

I tried like this

When Filtered = if( ISINSCOPE('Item'[Category]),SUM(Sales[Net Sales]),MIN(Sales[Net Sales]))

Screenshot 2020-05-07 20.02.17.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.