Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hierarchy error

Hello everyone,

I just run into the following issue. In the last row in 2021 there is a value but when I drilldown the column it just goes away. If I rearrange the column hierarchy orden it appears but now 2018 has a value when it should not has one. 

I also use row hierarchy to show my data and now it shows it the right way. I have no idea what happened or if my laptop just got hunted. Please need any guideline 

pd. No dax measure is being used neither any relational table. All atributes and values are extracted from the same table.

DataScientistR_0-1624652815777.png

DataScientistR_1-1624652863569.png

DataScientistR_2-1624653374208.png

DataScientistR_3-1624653614426.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Even if without dax measure is being used neither any relational table.Using different hierarchical structures in the rows can also affect the results. Specific needs according to your needs.

When you drill down further, In the last row in 2021 disappears because the corresponding row "DEUDA BANCARIA" can only count the summary value corresponding to 2021, not the further subdivision value. If you add a hierarchical structure to the row, the correct statistical result will be displayed in the value.

vhenrykmstf_0-1624934841765.png

I did a test, refer to the following:

vhenrykmstf_1-1624934934035.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide test data (delete sensitive information), I will answer you as soon as possible. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Even if without dax measure is being used neither any relational table.Using different hierarchical structures in the rows can also affect the results. Specific needs according to your needs.

When you drill down further, In the last row in 2021 disappears because the corresponding row "DEUDA BANCARIA" can only count the summary value corresponding to 2021, not the further subdivision value. If you add a hierarchical structure to the row, the correct statistical result will be displayed in the value.

vhenrykmstf_0-1624934841765.png

I did a test, refer to the following:

vhenrykmstf_1-1624934934035.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide test data (delete sensitive information), I will answer you as soon as possible. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous is there any measure used in it? If yes, what is it?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k  there is no measure being used neither any column from a related table. All is taken from a single table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors