Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kuberkk
Regular Visitor

Hierarchy Value Repeating in Drill Down

Hierarchy Level 1.PNGHierarchy Level 2.PNG

I created hierarchy as Merchant and Product and enabled drill down from Merchant to Product level. If I drill down from Merchant to Hierarchy, Y - Axis, gives me names of both the levels (Merchant and Product) in the second level. 

When I drill down to the second level I dont want to see Merchant (First Level) in Y -Axis. Which I highlighted in the second picture. Please do suggest any solutions. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kuberkk,

on the drill controls in the top corners click on "Go to the next level in the hierarchy" instead of "Expand all down one level in the hierarchy".

Regards 

Chiara

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jjl007
Frequent Visitor

I am still baffled.  I understand clicking drill down button "go to next level" but I don't want to go to next level for all my Y-axis labels, only want to go to next level for horizontal bar that I click on.  I have set up many of these horigzontal bar charts using hierarchies and this is first time I get the repeating upper level.  Anyone have suggestion for drill down just on bar I click on?  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm noticing something weird (having the same problem) where If I double-click a bar to drill down - the hierarchy names carry over, but if i single-click, I get the desired result: just the child names. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kuberkk,

on the drill controls in the top corners click on "Go to the next level in the hierarchy" instead of "Expand all down one level in the hierarchy".

Regards 

Chiara

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.