Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hierarchy Slicer

Hi Everyone,

I have a Hierarchy slicer with YEAR,MONTH,DAY as order. My slicer looks like below :

Capture.PNG

The Columns I used are :

MaxDate = CALCULATE(MAX(vw_ConsumerFXVar[ExchangeRateDate]), ALL(vw_ConsumerFXVar))

CurrentDay = IF(vw_ConsumerFXVar[ExchangeRateDate] = vw_ConsumerFXVar[MaxDate], "Current", vw_ConsumerFXVar[Day] )

When ever new data comes in, the slicer changes to new date and I am renaming the new date to Current Date.

The issue I am facing is :

When it comes to new month, the slicer is not changing. I mean if the current date = '2018-03-31' and when it reaches to April, the slicer is not changing to April automatically.

Can someone help me with this.

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pxg08680,

If I understand correctly, what you want to achieve is such a scenario: the slicer is selecting '2018-03-31' because it is current date, when dates update, the current date becomes '2018-04-01', the selected item should be automatically changed to '2018-04-01' rather than '2018-03-31'.

Is that right? However, it is not possible to achieve such a requirement. The slicer selection can only be changed manually.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft

Thank you for responding. 

"If I understand correctly, what you want to achieve is such a scenario: the slicer is selecting '2018-03-31' because it is current date, when dates update, the current date becomes '2018-04-01', the selected item should be automatically changed to '2018-04-01' rather than '2018-03-31'. " Exactly...

Is that right? However, it is not possible to achieve such a requirement. The slicer selection can only be changed manually.

--> Right now my slicer changes automatically. Today I have a sclier selection with 4/16/2018(Current) and when my report refreshes tomorrow it changes to 4/17/2018(which is current date for tomorrow).

The issues comes only when there is a change of month. 

Ex: Current selection is 3/31/2018 and tomorrow after refresh it should change to 4/1/2018. But this is not happening.

I am not sure if I am explaining the scenario correctly. Appologies.!

Thank you

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.