Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hierarchy Slicer

Hi

I know that this problem have been up before, but the post is from 2015

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Hierarchy-Slicer-Unexpected-Error/td-p/218581

I have exactly the same problem, and i have tried to download the newest version, but this didnt solve the problem 

So I opened my .PBIX file after som days, I use the Hierarchy Slicer. The moment after the report was opened in PowerBI Desktop I got this message:

-------

Unexpected Error
An error occured while rendering the report.

"Send a Frown"

I havent seen this problem before

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same problem. Looks like a fix has been developed, however, the developer is waiting on approval from Microsoft. Here is a link to the Hierarchy Slicer page where you can see user comments about the issue:

https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104380820&sourcecorrid=383e6b25-6010-4c44-9663-ffd...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mz180w
Advocate II
Advocate II

As of 05/09/2018 - 08:20 EST, the Hierarchy Slicer is not working in IE (either for Reports or Apps).

The Hierarchy Slicer visulaization is empty - there is no content.

It's working (to an extent) with Chrome - values appear and instances where there are hierarchical layers it functions OK.

However, for instances where only a single layer is used with the Hierarchy Slicer, values appear but selection is not functional.

As of 05/10/2018 @ 10:00 EST, the Hierarchy Slicer appears to be functional again.

I wish that Microsoft would conduct more thorough testing before applying updates/upgrades to Power BI Web Service -- especially with custom visualizations that they promote.

My organization is also experiencing this issue - appears blank on IE. Just started happening very recently

Yanx
Frequent Visitor

Hierarchy Slicer is only working on local machines today.

It is showing blank on PowerBI.com

Same here. All my reports containing Hierarchy slicers are behaving weird in the service.

In IE the visual is Blank

In Edge, the search and selection is not working and the aliment is off

In chrome it is working fine

Likewise, all reports using the Hierarchy Slicer are blank when viewing in Internet Explorer, however it works on Chrome and the iPad. Noticed the issue started today (9th May 2018)

rivas_luis_scan
Regular Visitor

Hello everyone,

Since yesterday (Oct, 9th) I had an issue with the same custom visual.

I got the issue on Web Service (which is fixed deleting browser history) and Power BI Desktop which is still present.

I already reinstalled the last version of Power BI Desktop available and didnt work.

I am attaching a screenshot,

Could you guys please help me?

Best Regards.HierarchySlicer.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the same problem. Looks like a fix has been developed, however, the developer is waiting on approval from Microsoft. Here is a link to the Hierarchy Slicer page where you can see user comments about the issue:

https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104380820&sourcecorrid=383e6b25-6010-4c44-9663-ffd...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thanks, do you by any chance know how long it will take for the approval to go through?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.