Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hierarchy Slicer

Hi ,

I was looking for the option in hierarchy slicer with dropdown type, in which the seletced value will be displayed in the dropdown box, but i see there is also field name amended with the value. wgich looks odd in my report. please see the image below .

Is this by design, or do we have any workaround to disable the field names in the text box?

Hierarchy slicer.png

thanks,

Saravanan

6 REPLIES 6
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous   ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may create a text measure like DAX below to display the selection dynamically using Conditional formatting for the Title as described in this article.

Selected Year+Month = YEAR(SELECTEDVALUE('Table1'[Date])) &" + "& MONTH(SELECTEDVALUE('Table1'[Date]))

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

For hierarchy slicers this is by design. You can't remove it as it shows the selections that you have made in the hierarchy below.

But, for a non-hierarchy slicer you can swich this off by disabling SUMMARY option under slicer header as shown below:

Pragati11_0-1594908428940.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Yes, i see this by design.

This is simple formating feature needed, because in hierarchy type fields we already know the field names to select in the drop down (or i can provide in the title if there are many). But in the selected value I just need the values selected (with just "+" symbol) in between.

thanks,

Saravanan

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes it's by design. 

You can create a new idea on Power BI Ideas forum for this.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.