Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bsim2501
Frequent Visitor

Hierarchy Slicer

The Hirarchy Slicer is not working today. I have lose it in all of my dashbaords in desktop and powerbi.com. I can't even import it as a new custom visual into my desktop's reports.
Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi everybody,

I have resolved the issue. The problem comes from the Proxy's configuration in the lan network.

The order "Get https://visuals.azureedge.net/prod/AttributeSlicer1652434005853.js" was restricted by the proxy, so I can't use the custom visuals and the "Unexpected error" appears.

Thanks for your replies,

Marouane

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bsim2501,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please try to download the sample .pbix file from here , open it use Power BI desktop version 2.42.4611.701 and publish to the Service, see if the same issue occurs.

As you mentioned the issue happens today, is there any update to your computer on which desktop runs? Which operating system did you use? Which browser did you use to access Power BI service? Please share more information for us to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I am not sure but I think the problem comes from the blue proxy coat. The error is generated specifically from Custom visuals and interaction with proxy settings in the lan network here.

I think in the corrections that they make for the datalake yesterday, they impacted the PowerBI part!

Can you please confirm and any suggestion will be helpful!

Best regards,

Marouane

Hi @bsim2501,

There is a desktop version released, you can update desktop to this version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331. In Power BI Service, all PROD will be upgraded around this week.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi everybody,

I have resolved the issue. The problem comes from the Proxy's configuration in the lan network.

The order "Get https://visuals.azureedge.net/prod/AttributeSlicer1652434005853.js" was restricted by the proxy, so I can't use the custom visuals and the "Unexpected error" appears.

Thanks for your replies,

Marouane

Yanx
Frequent Visitor

Can you check for this issue again. Hierarchy slicers are not working today.

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @bsim2501,

Is the visual in your PBI Desktop Visual Panel? If not, you can redownload it from here and import it into the .pbix file.

Best,

Alan

I can't see it in my PBI Desktop panel. I redownload it and import it but he told me that the visual already exists even if it dosent appear in my panel. And when I Update it it show me an unexpected error.

error.PNGerror 2.PNG

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

How many instances of this Visual do you have?

If not too many and if it would be ease to re-create

try deleting the pbiviz (the Visual) from you pbix file save and close and then try importing it again!

(in your pbix file - right click on the hierarchy slicer and delete)

Delete Custom Visual.png

I'm not experiencing any issues with the Hierarchy Slicer!

Also are you on the latest version of the PBI Desktop - 2.42.4611.701 (Jan 2017)

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

bsim2501
Frequent Visitor

Even if I open a new pbix report that dosent contain any custom visual, and i want to import the hierarchy slicer, i can't. 

And yes I am in the latest version of power BI.

version.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.