Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hierarchy Slicer - Unexpected Error

Hi,

Today I opened a .PBIX file where I use the Hierarchy Slicer. The moment after the report was opened in PowerBI Desktop I got this message:

-------

Unexpected Error
An error occured while rendering the report.

"Send a Frown"

-------

After doing some investigation I concluded that the Hierarchy Slicer was the source of this error. If I delete the custom visual I do not get the error. Imediately after I download it again from Office Store (through PowerBI Desktop) and put my dimension column in it I get the error.

This has never been an issue before. Anybody else experience this?

56 REPLIES 56
Highlighted

I am getting an error as of October 10th 2PM EST.

As of that time in Powerbi (not the desktop!)  all reports in our environment  with the hierarchy slicer are broken.

The lists do not show up properly, just big black lines.

Highlighted

Hi All,

As of today (Oct 10, 2017) my reports and dashboard with hierarchy slicers started malfunctioning. There seem to be multiple selection on and also when I drill down on 1st level to select sub-categories it doesn't select it. I haven't updated anything. It seem to happen by itself. I have noticed that clear all sign is also changed. I tried reinstalling the custom visual in desktop version but the error doesn't seem to go away.

any help please?

Regards,

Moez 

Highlighted

Hierachy Slicer error.JPG

I have the error too. I get the symbols marked with yellow as an "extra" on Chrome only. On Desktop and Explorer works fine. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Yes it seems to be related to Chrome only, but fix is being reviewed.

Highlighted

The regular silicers have an "eraser" on them. I thought this one did too, but it doesn't seem to be there now. Any chance it would added?

Highlighted

I just downloaded the visual and I am having the exact same issue. The error can be reproduced by selecting then deselecting the parent node.

There is also a bug where occasionally when deselecting a parent node does not deselect the children of the node.

Highlighted

Any idea on when the Hierarchy Slicer will be fixed in Desktop?  It is not working properly.  You can't see all the levels and you can't clear the selections.  Please help provide a fix.

Highlighted

There is a new version comming that fixes the following issues:

- Header issue where the three icons are showing way to big in Chrome

- Single select of top level that is not working

- Collapse/Expand all icons are not working

Currently this version is still in review before it can be released to everyone.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

Highlighted

@jppp wrote:

There is a new version comming that fixes the following issues:

- Header issue where the three icons are showing way to big in Chrome

- Single select of top level that is not working

- Collapse/Expand all icons are not working

Currently this version is still in review before it can be released to everyone.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jan,

i see that on all hierarchy slicers i am not able to go to the lower levels and is happening only in Chrome.We have many reports and dashboards that are using this control and we are facing this issue.

Also this issue is affecting only some users and for some users it is working fine.

Did your recent fix this issue?thanks in advance

Regards,

CLR

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Not only related to chrome also in Desktop version. All hierarchy slicers affected showing black stripes and + signs. Also now visible in published environment. This reuqires urgent fixes, it is on of the most used custom visuals.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors