cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jppp
Advisor

Re: Hierarchy Slicer - Unexpected Error

For all the issues fixes are being release in the next couple of days/week. I am still dependant on a store approval before new version will start rolling out to everyone.

But I got reports that clearing the cache of either Chrome or Desktop will solve the issue. For Power BI Desktop you can remove the content of the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop directory.

Thanks, JP

Elkay
Advisor

Have you heard anything on when this would be approved? 

vega Member

The newest update is already out v1.1.5.0

Elkay
Advisor

Thanks - when I looked at the detail it said 1..1.5, but then it also said it wasn't published yet.  I did download and it is working well.

Thanks!

jppp
Advisor

I am just, as we speaking, updating the store description. And yes, the v1.1.5 version is general available.

But due to the approval cycle related to the Office store and when the visuals are available: it can take two weeks before a new version is available to users after store approval. So that is the reason that I submit the original description with the notice of 'not released' and after general available I update the description, but I am running behind on this one.

DataExplorer Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @jppp!

There's another issue I am experiencing with the Hierarchy Slicer. The slicer errors out if the 'Search' functionality is turned on. It works fine when we search something in the search bar, but errors out to 'Unexpected Error' when we try to make any selection without anything in the search bar. Do you have any suggestions?

LindaC Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I added a hierarchy slicer to my visual and it is not working.  It only displays the actual dates and does not display select year, month or quarter.  I have used it successfully in other reports and I don't think I did any special configuration.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Linda

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 287 members 3,610 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: