cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maty Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Hierarchy Slicer - Unexpected Error

@jppp

Have you managed to identify what had caused the error? I mean I've started just recently see this error, but the report was created a month ago, as well as the slicer was added, and I really didn't change anything in Power BI config since the beginnig of July. So my point is, how reliable will be the new update of the slicer?  In case there is a chance that any new update of Power BI will resuscitate the bug, hmm,let's say it will make our reports rather unstable.

jppp
Advisor

Sorry about all the issues it is causing, but an updated version is in beeing reviewed and after that asap released.

New version can always cause issues and this issue was missed during testing/reviewing. But I have learned what this caused and how to tackle/test this kind of issues in a next version.

nborn1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@jppp Do you know approximately how soon the new version will be released? I want to be able to provide proactive communication to our senior leadership team regarding month-end reporting.

jppp
Advisor

My expectation is Wednesday, but I cannot promise anything.

pbifinance Visitor
Visitor

Could you please post the pbiviz file in the interim?

jppp
Advisor

Unfortunately that wouldn't solve the problem as it will be overruled by the generic version available.

jppp
Advisor

The new version is approved and published and is available soon as Power BI Desktop is using cache for custom visuals.

Thanks for all the support,

Jan Pieter

erikh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How do you download it? The version on Powerbi.com is still from the 5th of July.

jppp
Advisor

All custom visuals that are available in the Office Store are automatically updated when a new version is available.

BTW the release date in the Office Store is not that reliable as the developer can set it himself during submission.

erikh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for quick feedback! Not sure if I fully understand though since I recently started to use PBI. 

I'll put it like this: how do make the unexpected error message to disappear (without changing slicer type obviously)? Should I wait for a new release of PBI desktop? Download the hierarchy slicer again? Do nothing and wait for the hierarchy slicer to "update itself"? Something else? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 76 members 1,179 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: