Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nstephan
Frequent Visitor

Hierarchy Slicer Search does not show all results

I am trying to use the hierarchy slicer to allow filtering/navigating through our product hierarchy on a report page.    We are also using the Search feature to make it easier to navigate our eight levels of the hierarchy.

Let's say I am searching for "corporate" that is at level 5 of the hierarchy.   Let's say that at level 6 beneath "corporate" is "corporate product 1", "corporate product 2" and "other".

When I type in "corporate" and then hit the "+" to expand the results set, it will only show the two sub businesses that contain the relevant searched "corporate" text.  Checking the box for level 5 "corporate" then doesn't give the full totals for the level because it is missing the child line item for "other". 

3 REPLIES 3
sgsukumaran
Resolver II
Resolver II

The Slicer looks for the exact word aka wildcard to search so "other" will not be captured during search.

I understand technically why this is happening, but it does not help navigate a hierarchy unless the text you're looking for appears only at the lowest level of granularity. 

Hi @nstephan,

I would suggest you contact the author(Jan Pieter Posthuma) of Hierarchy Slicer directly to give your feedback, in order to improve the Hierarchy Slicer on this feature in future release. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.