Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JimJim
Helper V
Helper V

Hierarchy Slicer - Deprecated

We have lots of reports that use the Hierarchy Slicer by Jan Pieter Posthuma, when I open a report in desktop I get a message that tells me 'the slicer will be deprecated soon, please choose another one from the market place'. This is making me very nervous as if this breaks it would be a bit of a disaster for us. The slicer allows users to drill down from Year > Month > Week

The problem is that no alternative exists, I find it amazing that Microsoft don't offer a hierarchy slicer.

There has been an incident open for several weeks but it doesn't even look like the developer has acknowledged it. I am considering whether or not to continue with this slicer knowing that there is no support and that my reports may break anytime.

Does anyone have any idea how long we have before this slicer stops working? Also, are there any alternative solutions?

1 REPLY 1
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JimJim

You may check the similar idea from the feedback.The issue is still opening.You may also post your idea here to get more support.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.