Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hierarchy Filter Visual not working

Hi Everyone,

I have been using Hierarchy filter for selcting Custom Dates. The inital look for the filter on Desktop is as below

1.PNG

But today when one of my reports is published on to service, the look is changed completely. The format is gone. Below is how it looks on Service,

2.PNG                                                                                                              I tried to increase the width of the filter but did not work. Can any one help me with this. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @pxg08680,

By my tests again with the same version of Power BI Desktop as yours, I still cannnot reproduce your issue.

I have tested with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

You could clear the cache and cookie of your browser and try again.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @pxg08680,

By my tests with the Power BI Desktop Version: 2.65.5313.701 64-bit (December 2018) and publish the report to Power BI Service, everything works as expected like below.

hierarchy slicer in power bi service.PNG

If it is convenient, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

In addition, you could have a test with my test pbix which has been attached below in your site.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank You for the response.

I tried to publish the test report that you have attached and this is what happened

3.PNG                                                                                                      

I am using the below version of power bi

4.PNG

Hi @pxg08680,

By my tests again with the same version of Power BI Desktop as yours, I still cannnot reproduce your issue.

I have tested with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

You could clear the cache and cookie of your browser and try again.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

A new version of the visual solving this issue is released at this moment and it will take some hours before it will reach every report. It could be that the browser cache needs to be refreshed.

Thanks, Jan Pieter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.