Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hierarchical filter slicer not updating on other tabs

I just tried out the new hierachical filter slicer  Normally when I copy a slicer from one tab to another it asks if I want to keep them in sync.  If I say yes, then whatever is set on one page affects the same slicer on another page.  This new slicer offers the same option but when I go to a new page it does not hold the previous page setting.  Nor are the visualizations on this page filtered properly, based on what the slicer should be showing. 

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

2 REPLIES 2
shpz
Regular Visitor

Hi @Anonymous , we are also facing a similar issue with Hierarchy Slicer. Silcers are in sync between pages when an individual item/ no items are selected in the Slicer. But, they do not sync when All the values are selected. If you have found a solution/ work around for this problem. Please help me with the same. Thanks.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Anonymous 

I have test on my side, It works well.

1. Please check if you haved set up sync slicer for Hierarchy Slicer correctly as below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers#sync-and-use-slicers-on-other-pages

2. Sync slicer feature for Hierarchy Slicer is supported after Power BI Desktop June 2019 version, please update the power bi desktop to lastest version and try it again.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-june-2019-feature-summary/

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.