Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SusieBentley
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hierarchical Navigation - June 2020 release of Power BI Desktop

Since updating to the July release of Power BI Desktop, we're unable to load any queries to the data model that include the Hierarchical Navigation parameter (specifically using the ADL Gen2 connector).

"We cannot generate a query for the given data source reference. Failure reason: we don't support the option 'HierarchicalNavigation'"

This was working fine until the update and the documentation suggests this is still supported. Has anyone else encountered the same issue? Many of our queries depend on HierarchicalNavigation this so it will have fundamental issues for many data models if it's no longer supported!

thanks Susie

3 REPLIES 3
genegc
Employee
Employee

I see this same problem with the August release.

I downgraded to the June release and it resolved the problem for me.

v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SusieBentley ,

This is the link where you will find all the old versions. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive#june-2020-updat...

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.