cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xarius Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hiding visual resets filter?

Hi all,

I have a few bar charts stacked on top of the other that all have different measures associated. Depending on which bookmark the user clicks I show the relevant bar chart and hide the others in the selection pane.

If I select a category on the currently visible bar chart it filters all the other visuals as I'd expect, however if I then change to a different bookmark (hiding the visual and showing a new one) that filter seems to be reset. Is what I should expect to happen?

I've already unticked data on the bookmarks tab for each bookmark and updated them but the same thing happens each time...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Hiding visual resets filter?

Hmm, will have to test. To be clear, you don't want the filter to be reset, correct? I would think you would need the data checkbox checked for that...

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

xarius Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Hiding visual resets filter?

Yes I want to keep the whatever the user has selected as a filter for the visuals in the new bookmark.

My understanding of the data checkbox was that the bookmark would return all the data/filter settings to whatever was on the page at the time the bookmark was created or updated (by the developer), which is why I turned it off. It works that way for slicers at the very least.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 162 members 2,061 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: