Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hiding visual resets filter?

Hi all,

I have a few bar charts stacked on top of the other that all have different measures associated. Depending on which bookmark the user clicks I show the relevant bar chart and hide the others in the selection pane.

If I select a category on the currently visible bar chart it filters all the other visuals as I'd expect, however if I then change to a different bookmark (hiding the visual and showing a new one) that filter seems to be reset. Is what I should expect to happen?

I've already unticked data on the bookmarks tab for each bookmark and updated them but the same thing happens each time...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Hiding visual resets filter?

Hmm, will have to test. To be clear, you don't want the filter to be reset, correct? I would think you would need the data checkbox checked for that...

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Hiding visual resets filter?

Yes I want to keep the whatever the user has selected as a filter for the visuals in the new bookmark.

My understanding of the data checkbox was that the bookmark would return all the data/filter settings to whatever was on the page at the time the bookmark was created or updated (by the developer), which is why I turned it off. It works that way for slicers at the very least.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors