Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrekroker
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hiding blank rows for null categories

Hi all()

I want to remove thes 2 blank lines and show de values of "0", "40.0" and "32.2" for the "Product Category".

Why is powerbi showing these 2 "null" or "empty" categories?

Hiding blank lines.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guys

Thank you all for responses. I ended up adding 2 more data cleansing rows in the query editor in order to correctly clean lines with null comments and lines with null categories.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
edhans
Super User
Super User

@andrekroker if you want to remove them from your data completely, if you go back to Transform Data and find those numeric fields, hit thie FILTER button and uncheck the null value. If it is a text field it wll show (blanks) instead of (null). You can uncheck for those as well.

edhans_0-1598051857569.png

Otherwise, @swise001 brings up a valid point. If you have items in your data that are not in the dimension table, Power BI will create the blanks. You can remove those from your measures using functions like ALLNOBLANKROW(), but I'd need to see some data to actually help with that.

And @pranit828 has shown a way to just filter them from a specific visual, but they will impact other visuals or aggregations, like COUNTROWS, AVERAGE, etc.

So it just depends on what you are trying to do. Let us know if these still haven't answered your question. Otherwise, please mark one or more as the solution and give a Kudos/Thumbs Up to those that helped. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Guys

Thank you all for responses. I ended up adding 2 more data cleansing rows in the query editor in order to correctly clean lines with null comments and lines with null categories.

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @andrekroker 

Create filters on all the columns to say "is not blank"

pranit828_0-1598050077025.png

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile
swise001
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@andrekroker 

Usually - null categories like you're showing are artifacts of the relatonships.   Perhaps there are some rogue items that don't have a corresponding match in your lookup table.  

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.