Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shaileng
Frequent Visitor

Hiding Slicer

Hi,

I need some help/idea/workaround to achieve the following -

I have one Slicer1 with two option to show sales data Eg. "Show By Product", "Show by Salesmen"

If Show by product is selected then I want Slicer2 (seperate Slicer) to list all available products to chose from and dropdown for Salesmen is of no use.

If Show by Salesmen is selected then I want Slicer3 (seperate Slicer) to list all available Salesmen names to chose from and in that case product slicer becomes useless.

Now I was thinking to user two slicers one for product and another for salesmen and stack them on top of each other and then depending on the Choice in Slicer1 controls its visibility so if By product is selected hide the salesmen dropdown and vice versa however since the visual filters do not work with slicer need some workaround.

Any help from experts ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @shaileng,

I have made a workaround using slicers 2 shapes on top of slicer and bookmarks, see below the step by step:

Add your slicer to your template (I have create the first slicer big to place the images on top

Slicers.png

Open the bookmark and selections panes and create two views:

Salesman: Slicer 1 with Salesman selected, visualization hide Products slicer

Products: Slicer 1 with Product selected, visualization hide Salesman slicer

bookmarks.png

Add two images square or other things and link it to the bookmarks you created and placed it on top of the slicer:

imagg.png

On the PBI desktop you need the CTRL + Click on the images to make it work on PBI web it will work with click:

slicers.gif

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @shaileng,

I have made a workaround using slicers 2 shapes on top of slicer and bookmarks, see below the step by step:

Add your slicer to your template (I have create the first slicer big to place the images on top

Slicers.png

Open the bookmark and selections panes and create two views:

Salesman: Slicer 1 with Salesman selected, visualization hide Products slicer

Products: Slicer 1 with Product selected, visualization hide Salesman slicer

bookmarks.png

Add two images square or other things and link it to the bookmarks you created and placed it on top of the slicer:

imagg.png

On the PBI desktop you need the CTRL + Click on the images to make it work on PBI web it will work with click:

slicers.gif

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @shaileng,

From what I know, we can't control a slicer's visibility. Please share your data model with dummy data, and list the expected result, so that we can check if is practicable.

Best Regards,
Angelia

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @shaileng

With the new bookmark and visualization pane you can do this. Check this link and if you need any additonal help please tell me.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.