Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GunnerJ
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hiding Filter Pane on Powerbi Report view

I have a few reports that we're wanting to share with users but we don't want them possibly messing with the underlying filters and therefore would like the Filters Pane hidden in the report view. I would use the dashboard view but we want users to be able to uses drill down functionality so that option is not viable. Is there a way to toggle off the filter pane? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

In Power BI desktop you can click the eye icon on the top of the filter pane.

HideFilterPane.jpg

When the report is published the Filters pane will not be visable.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Jnkrick 

Correct, you can use the show/hide along with bookmarks to make your reports more interactive.  As an example, I have a report with a bunch of charts and some buttons to switch to a table view of the detail so the user can export the data.  All the button does is switch between bookmarks that hide some visuals and un-hide some others.

2022-10-14_12-04-06.jpg

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

In Power BI desktop you can click the eye icon on the top of the filter pane.

HideFilterPane.jpg

When the report is published the Filters pane will not be visable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks,

karthik

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 8 pages in my dashborad and "Filters on all pages" is enabled .Now i got a requirement where i have to disable/hide filter pane on Home page...Please help

@Anonymous as shown in the accepted solution in the desktop view you should see the filters tab. From there click the "eye" to enable/disable the filters screen for the published version. This can be done page to page. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Followed the same steps that you suggested but it didnt work..when i click on eye icon on any page , the filter pane would disappear in rest of the oages too which i dont want.

@Anonymous It does seem like the filter panel is an all or nothing solution. I think the best solution for this is to disable the panel and create your own filter visuals to meet each page's needs. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I follow the above steps but when I publish the report I still have the problem of the filtes panel being open and visible by default. 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I had the same problem but then realised I had to turn off the filter panel in all my bookmarks, did this and the filter panel stopped showing.

thank you @BI_Jo 

I have the same issue.  Any news on this topic ?

Using PBi online, making reports visible in Teams but the filters are all still visible as long as each filter separately is not hidden.  So this general hiding button doesn't work for me.

Tx for any advice on what I could be doing wrong here.

Oh man, I just realized that EVERY SINGLE object I have on my dashboard has a hide option. So not just the Filter hide at top of the filter pane. The individual filters on objects too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I was using the default code downloaded from the PowerBI website for the PowerBIEmbedded_AppOwnsData demo. If you open this project and drill down to EmbedReport.cshtml, there is code that is similar to this:

var config = {
        type: 'report',
        tokenType: models.TokenType.Embed,
        accessToken: accessToken,
        embedUrl: embedUrl,
        id: embedReportId,
        permissions: models.Permissions.All,
        settings: {
            filterPaneEnabled: true,
            navContentPaneEnabled: false,
            layoutType: models.LayoutType.MobileLandscape
        },
    };

Notice the configuration element setting filterPaneEnabled to true? This overrides whatever you set in the PowerBI desktop. 

Hope this helps you.

All the best,

Marcel

@Anonymous 

I am not able to replicate your error (it works as described when I test it).  Are you working on the latest version of PowerBI desktop?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.