cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide zero values in pie chart

Hi

How to hide the zero percentage values in pie chart lables using with measure or calculated column?

Hide Zeroes.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vanessafvg Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Hide zero values in pie chart

@Anonymous you can use the visual filters of the pie chart ie.

Capture.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.
Proud a to be a Datanaut!
6 REPLIES 6
vanessafvg Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Anonymous you can use the visual filters of the pie chart ie.

Capture.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.
Proud a to be a Datanaut!
tuoba Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thanks your post.

After I did that in visual level filter, when the correspoding category value is below 1, the whole pie chart disappear, but I want only the category with zero value to be hiding. Any idea on why is this happened?  

It sounds like the values you want to hide aren't actually 0.00% - they're probably something like 0.000000000009% but are being presented as 0.00%?

The solution suggested by vanessa will work but you'll need to allow for the fact that percentages are actually decimal numbers.

1 = 100%

0.5 = 50%

0.25 = 25% and so on.

So you'd need to apply a visual level filter to show only those greater than 0.0001%? (Maybe). However, this may result in the total being less than 100%

tuoba Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks you reply.

But the problem here is, say I have three columns for value A, B, C, and fourth column for date, I put A, B, C in pie chart as values, and date in slicer as value.  I want pie chart display only those percentage of category with value greater than 0 when I selected corresponding date in slicer, i.e. at some date, A might be zero, then only percentage of B and C will be on pie chart.

However when I add A, B, C to visual level filter and set to show items only when they are grater than 0, as long as one of them are zero, the whole chart disappear , but I want only the category to be hiding, not the whole thing.

Jenske Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem... My whole chart dissapears when I do that. But I have so many zero values, so there labels are really distracting, so they really have to go... the only problem is I don't know how.

tuoba Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

No idea how to resolve yet, please let me know if you have something new. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 366 members 4,034 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: